Even though this meetup was one month later than planned, I’m happy we meet regularly to discuss various gamedev topics - so far we had:
- June 2021: Godot, Coil, and Pixi
- April 2021: Unity and WebCodecs
- February 2021: WeChat, WebView, and BBC
- December 2020: Construct, Web Install, and Chrome Dev Summit
- October 2020 (TPAC): Web Monetization, Facebook Instant Games, Phaser, and Open Mini Games
Both Florian and Clément gave a solid talk about GDevelop last Tuesday September 21st, talking about the history, going through the implementation details, current struggles, and sharing plans for the future.
For the rest of our one-hour session we’ve asked a bunch of questions and got a lot of interesting answers. It ranged from pure technical ones like the use of Web Workers, through marketing, to discussion on how one could sustain their full-time commitment. Did you know that they are considering a rebranding, uncluding the change of the name of the game creator itself?
It was nice to hear from Florian - we worked together already when Ewa created the Geometry Monster game herself and I wrote the tutorial about it for Google’s Season of Docs in 2019, and Florian was an expert in js13kGames 2019 as well.