With a major delay, but here it is – monthly report for March. It’s quite short, boring and a little bit pessimistic.
February was quite different from what I was planning to do, and that’s good. Instead of putting more and more pressure on finishing Wizard Quest, I decided to finish some client work. Due to various reasons there was little to none of that, so I was able to spend a whole lot of time working on my game.
The whole month was focused on the client work, closing the js13kGames competition and speaking at the conferences. It was a tough month – a lot of work and bug fixing, but nothing solid to show, almost no earnings and there are still so many things left to do.
I was invited to the ZTG conference a year ago, but Mozilla Festival event was already booked for the same date, so I said I'll try to visit them next year. I wasn't sure whether I'll be going to MozFest again this year, but I ended up traveling to Poznań instead of London.
Most of the August activities revolved around the js13kGames competition. There was so much to be done and I’m not fully happy with the results. I didn’t have time to complete all of the plans I had, but overall I’m amazed by the growing community around the compo.
I was quite busy through May, but I can’t say I’m completely happy with the results. Here’s the summary of my work that month.
It’s the beginning of May so it’s time for the next monthly report – April. I still think I’m developing games way too slow, but I’m trying to work on that.
I decided to close as many active projects as possible in March. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to close them all, only a few, but I can still focus on that in April. Let’s see how the March report look like:
After my talk at the RejectJS conference about Firefox OS and HTML5 games in which I showed Captain Rogers being ported to the Mozilla mobile operating system I thought I'll spend the rest of the month being an attendee at onGameStart and chill out with my friends. But in the meantime there was another event on the way.